English learning is an essential part of our mission at the IRC. We want all of our English Language Learners to have learning resources accessible to them wherever they are. Use these free links to increase your English language knowledge.
English Learning Activities:
- In this course, a short pre-test tests the learner's current literacy and comprehension level before starting them at the appropriate level. The course ranges from beginner (1A, 1B) to intermediate (2) levels.
- This website has many great short stories that help new English learners improve their reading comprehension (1A, 1B).
- These Computer Lab Activities are for both new and advanced English learners (1A, 1B, 2, 3).
- These reading activities and learning games are best for beginner (1A, 1B) to low-intermediate (2) level English learners.
- This website has multiple fun learning games ranging from beginner level (1A, 1B) to high-intermediate (2) level of difficulty.
- Also available as an app, this language learning course has more than 50 different languages that English can be translated from. This course can be for both new and more advanced English learners (1A, 1B, 2, 3, 4).
- USA Learns offers free English courses for learners at the intermediate or advanced levels (2, 3, 4).
- This Google course shows you how to practice spelling vocabulary words. This course is best suited for learners at the intermediate level or higher (2, 3, 4).
Reading and Writing Shortcuts: Programs to check your spelling, grammar, and understanding
Know what you want to say, but need help writing it out? SpeechTexter listens to what you say, then types it out for you. Check your spelling and grammar afterwards with Grammarly or Ginger.
Writing a letter or paper? Grammarly corrects your spelling and grammar.
Preparing for an interview? Use Grammarly's tone checker to see if you sound friendly, happy, or formal.
Need more spelling help? Ginger Software's free spell check fixes all of your spelling mistakes.